Unedited moments in my life, using a personal ink to portray what lies beneath the picture.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Famcation in East London, South Africa.



 Festive season at home is about spending time with my loved ones, stuffing my face & going on a road trip with my family.



As the self- proclaimed 'travel agent' in my family I planned our December vac in quite a short amount of time due to my family members and I being indecisive.



We eventually decided on East London, South Africa. The small city is situated in the southeast coast of South Africa. Approximately 6 hours away from Bloemfontein and about 9 hours away from Johannesburg. It's famous for its beaches & surfing.  We definitely didn't do the latter.

A few tourist attractions I wanted to check out were: the Anne Bryant Art Gallery, Chocolate Factory Warehouse, and the Khaya la Bantu Cultural Village but unfortunately could only go to Nahoon beach, The City Hall,Nahoon Point Nature Reserve and Gonubie beach since most of the places were closed until January.


Nahoon Beach





Nahoon point nature reserve.


The bat's cave trail is the most popular walk at the reserve & leads down to a sandy beach. Walking along the boardwalk, overlooking the splendid view was definitely the highlight of my trip.

 
Boardwalk at Nahoon Point Nature Reserve


Nahoon 


Boarderwalk Stroll




Sunset in East London


The perfect place to catch the sunset!


Gonubie beach


City Hall
The Victorian architectural inspired building is right in the city Centre. It was unfortunately closed and could only take pictures of the building from outside.
 
City Hall in East London, South Africa.




City Hall Door

City Hall in East London



East London famcation was a well-deserved break where we got to Eat. Sleep. Relax. Bond.

Hoping our next  trip will be Mozambique.
Love & Scribbles
Wandi


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig